I’m Zack Polanski.
I’m Zack Polanski – I’m a Green Party London Assembly member, working at City Hall alongside Siân Berry and Caroline Russell.
I’ve chaired London’s Environment Committee since May 2021 and I’m the Green Party spokesperson for Democracy & Citizen Engagement.
I’m Jewish and gay – I was born in Salford near Manchester, studied in Wales and the US, and now live in Camden Town.
I’ve worked in prisons, schools, universities and nightclubs so I very much understand the lives of people working in the gig economy.
I joined the Green Party in 2017 and have been involved in many roles – from being co-chair of my local party (West Central London Green Party), to chairing conference plenaries, to helping with training and being on a policy manifesto working group for regional elections.
I’m passionate about supporting local teams working to win elections. Over the past year I’ve been travelling all over London and beyond helping get Greens elected, and when I haven’t been able to travel, I’ve Zoomed in to speak with and support Greens elsewhere in the country.
I’ve also been involved with working outside the party with organisations including Make Votes Matter (campaign for Proportional Representation), Compass (for a Universal Basic Income) and The British Red Cross (working to fundraise).
Achievements & Experience
I’ve been very active in the Green Party and have been thrilled to achieve so much, particularly through my work as a London Assembly Member.
I would love to continue this work as Deputy Leader and work across the whole country.
• Elected as London’s third Green Party Assembly Member in May 2021
• Named chair of London’s Environment Committee
• Proposed and passed a Climate and Ecological Emergency motion for London
• Attended COP26 as a delegate
• Got a U-turn on Gatwick Airport expansion from the London Mayor
• Co-proposed a motion calling on the London Mayor to stick to a target of zero new HIV infections by 2030
• National Green Party spokesperson for Democracy and Citizen Engagement
• Keynote speaker at European Green Conference alongside European Green Mayors
• Regular plenary chair at national Green Party Conference
• Co-chair of West Central London Green Party
• Frequent guest on TV and radio shows
I want to use these experiences and energy to make sure that our party gets the breakthrough we need. We put environmental and social justice at the heart of everything we do – it’s urgent that we bring our solutions into the centre of British politics to tackle all of the crises our country is facing.